Find out which movies are worth your time with a mix of reviews of new box office releases, new DVD releases, not-so-new releases and classic cinema too. Basically as I watch them, I review them. So let's relax, grab some popcorn and have fun at the movies!

March 12, 2011

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore


Directed By: Brad Peyton
Written By: Ron J. Friedman and Steve Bencich
Starring: Bette Midler, James Marsden, Christina Applegate, Chris O'Donnell, Nick Nolte and Katt Williams
Rated: PG

 
MY RATING: C-
 
In this sequel the evil cat Kitty Galore (Bette Midler) has separated from her former feline organization MEOWS and has hatched a plan to take over the world.  So Diggs (James Marsden) is forced to join forces with Catherine (Christina Applegate) and gather all their fellow dogs and cats to stop Kitty Galore and save the world. 

Ridiculous?  Yes ... but still hilarious.  It's just shear silliness!  Granted as an adult I think you have to be on something to get the full effect but the kids love it.  My child was all into the "plot."  She was explaining what was going on and I'm thinking, "are you serious?!" I'm sorry, yes this is serious dramatic acting and a complicated plot, let me pay full attention.  But as ridiculously silly (should be a new genre) children's movies go, I did enjoy this.  We're big animal lovers in our house so we get a kick out of any movie with talking animals.  And the "Cats & Dogs" movies are the funniest!  The people behind the scenes must have so much fun making these movies as outrageous as they can.
But why see this sequel if you've seen the first one?  Well, Katt Williams the comedian does the voice of a pigeon and his lines are so funny.  His voice alone is funny!  The star is Bette Midler as Kitty Galore.  She's purrrrfect!  (Sorry I couldn't resist)  She does the villain role so well.  Besides the actors, they did a good job once again humanizing these animals and making it almost believable that they could be secret agents of the world ... I said almost.  I just love seeing their secret locations and gadgets!  So funny!
They also added a hysterical nod to a famous classic movie that I was too busy laughing at to hear most of the dialogue.  All I can say is it involves a cat in prison restraints.  So ridiculous you have to laugh! 
Of course at the heart of the movie there's a lesson about love and good conquering evil.  Yes there's a message for the kiddies!
My little one loved this movie and watched it 3 or 4 times in a row so I'm sure your child will love it as well. 
(I'm sorry its too silly to take seriously but it was definitely entertaining and funny.)

I say you can only see this for free on t.v.

No comments:

Post a Comment