Find out which movies are worth your time with a mix of reviews of new box office releases, new DVD releases, not-so-new releases and classic cinema too. Basically as I watch them, I review them. So let's relax, grab some popcorn and have fun at the movies!

August 28, 2011

Eclipse


Directed By: David Slade
Written By: Melissa Rosenberg

Starring: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Billy Burke and Xavier Samuel
Rated: PG-13

MY RATING: B

Finally, werewolves and vampires together, oh my!

Eclipse picks up with Bella (Kristen Stewart) finishing her senior year of high school with plans to marry Edward (Robert Pattinson) and become a vampire soon after.  She's also walking a fine line trying to maintain her friendship with Jacob (Taylor Lautner), Edward's natural enemy.  At the same time mysterious killings begin happening in Forks causing the werewolves and vampires to team up against this new threat.  With Edward and Jacob both willing to fight for and protect Bella, her final decision could do more harm than good.  But for now they must all get along to take down a common enemy then the saga shall continue.

Much better!  This third film in the saga was a culmination of what the first two were building on and I enjoyed the payoff.  This one offered lots more tension within the love triangle between Bella (Kristen Stewart), Edward (Robert Pattinson) and Jacob (Taylor Lautner).  The gloves came off and all cards on the table, leaving Bella with a choice to make.  It's getting good!  The action was brought back to the story too!  This time there was a nice battle amongst werewolves and vampires.  I never get enough of the effects used to create the hulking, menacing werewolves either!  It was also helpful to learn the backstories of Jasper (Jackson Rathbone) and Angela (Christian Serratos), they added more depth to the story. 
Then of course there was the addition of the "newborns," humans newly transformed into vampires, and they proved to be great adversaries in this third film.  I pretty much enjoyed this one all the way through.  I did feel like the love triangle was a bit over the top but I guess that's to be expected from a vampire romance.  I just feel like not too many people would put up with the things that Jacob did but I understand Edward (Pattinson) at the same time. 
Overall I really enjoyed this one and Twilight redeemed itself after New Moon.  Still Team Jacob!

So I'd say definitely check this one out!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/12/2011

    After reading your review, I will definitely check it out. Wasn't quite sure I would watch the third in the series, but now I will make a point. I look forward to your critiques... I find them fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you so much! It's comments like this that will keep me going!

    ReplyDelete